Sunday, July 29, 2007

Baby music

My two month old son loves music. Playing some western classical music calms him down instantly. But I was not satisfied with the plink plonks that most baby toys, swings and rockers barely managed to generate. I loaded a playlist of songs for him onto an iPod Nano. Now came the problem - we needed a speaker for the iPod, but most iPod speakers were either too bulky, or required AC current, which means we couldn't move them wherever the baby was easily. The solution was this great
iPulse Bear Speaker that came in the shape of a teddy bear, with lights that blink to the tune that is playing. The sound, of course, is not something you can host a party with, in fact, I wouldn't recommend it for anything beyond short range baby soothing levels. But it is definitely far superior to the sounds in typical baby swings and bassinets. Given all that it does, I expected it to cost a fortune, what with the august status of an iPod accessory, but it is probably the most inexpensive iPod speaker in the market (currently at $9.99).

If you do decide to buy this, I would strongly recommend rechargeable batteries, as the batteries do tend to run out fairly quickly(especially since my kid can't get enough of it).

No comments: